Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

U.S. History: 12/5-12/9

Hello Parents,

I hope everyone had a good weekend. The focus on Jamestown went very well last week. I feel that the students were engaged and interested. The outcome of the quiz was also pretty good. I had wanted all students to get at least 8/10 correct. We were close. PowerSchool is updated (four assignments and two quizzes so far). I am still looking for volunteers to help during "Colonial Week" set for 12/19-12/22. I will need help with sewing stations, running colonial games, and woodworking. Let me know if you can help. Thanks.

This week's focus will be on Plymouth. We will use Chapter 5, Section 2 as our guide. The settling of Plymouth and later the New England colonies will really show some of the cultural differences between the North and the South. As I said to the kids, how would our country be different today if the Mayflower did not get blown off course? The following are this week's tasks:

____ Chap. 5, Sect. 2 worksheet (due Wednesday) - questions 1-7 are homework tonight if they did not finish them in class.
____ Map of colonies (due Fri)
____ Quiz: Chap. 5, Sect. 2 (Wed).

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great week.

Mr. Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment